Does achievement lead to positive feeling, or does positive feeling lead to achievement? Emotional intelligence has been identified as a key component of personal and professional success. It is the ability to identify, assess, and control one's own emotions and to be sensitive to the emotions of others. In this program, you will survey the 18 different components/skills that comprise emotional intelligence as a first step in understanding and using emotion constructively in the workplace.
- Discuss the importance of emotion in effective leadership.
- Understand the importance of self-control and add at least three new techniques for maintaining perspective.
- Use mistakes as teaching tools with employees.
- Articulate personal "vision" for each area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate empathetic skills.
- Explore the role of effective coaching/mentoring in emotional leadership.
- Define your personal leadership style and outline development areas to enhance/alter current style.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders who would like to begin developing their insights and leadership skills in this key area. This program focuses on value identification and communication, self-awareness in the areas of strengths and development opportunities, self-control, empathy, self-confidence, openness to others, and the ability to inspire. The program touches very briefly on competencies such as learning, innovation, customer focus, coaching, being a change agent, managing conflict, etc. to insure participants understand the overall scope of emotional intelligence but does not address these areas in detail. You may also wish to consider separate learning opportunities in the area of coaching, conflict management, change management, and specific aspects of team leadership, based on your background and experience level. Please consider this program as developmental, not "remedial" in nature.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.