In MN, this program is formerly known as Supervision Part I: Fundamentals of Leadership
There are many ways to transition from an individual contributor to a manager, but one thing is certain: New skills are required to be successful in the new role. Being in any leadership position requires you to be a communicator, motivator, problem solver, delegator, interviewer, coach and change agent all at once. Taught from an in-the-trenches perspective, this interactive course will give you practical, easy-to-use methods for handling everyday issues.
- Balance the values of fair, firm and friendly to inspire staff to great outcomes.
- Identify the value of informal leaders, and how they can either make or break team success.
- Recognize the importance of relationships with both upper management and your employees.
- Implement techniques to provide feedback and recognition.
- Discover the levels of authority and how to use them to elevate others and yourself.
- Determine good judgment and practices for delegation.
- Identify your role in the interview, orientation, and performance review processes.
- Identify people's motivational needs.
- Introduce change and gain employee acceptance.
When you complete the entire program, you will receive a certificate recognizing your achievement.
Who Should Attend:
Newly promoted or soon-to-be promoted managers and supervisors. Experienced managers and supervisors who have not had formal supervisory training and want to enhance their skills.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.