Life is too short to be anything but happy, love deeply, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything with no regrets, forget the past with the exception of what you have learned, and remember that everything happens for a reason.”Unknown
A ray of sunshine who looks at the positive aspects of any situation. That’s Kathy "KAT" Riley, whose enthusiasm is addicting to those around her. Kathy has a “can do” attitude, always eager to learn new things. Her exceptional interpersonal skills, sense of responsibility, and dedication to the projects she manages are the foundation of her success. An avid gardener, Kathy also loves spending free time with family, friends, and her miniature schnauzers.
An administrative professional for more than 20 years, Kathy has worked for a variety of organizations including security, aging services, transportation, and food products.
- Developed an Administrative Assistant Handbook and trained incoming district administrative staff.
- Created an electronic Senior Office Assistant Duties Manual.
- Established an electronic tracking process for company contracts.
Kathy achieved her Certified Administrative Professional certification with a specialty in Organizational Management (CAP-OM) from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) in 2010.
Publications and Presentations
- Marketing for Novices presentation at the 2010 IAAP Illinois Division Annual Meeting
- November/December 2010 IAAP Office Pro magazine article, Why I Love My Job
Professional and Community Activities
Kathy has chaired a number of committees and served as board president, vice-president, and secretary of the Quad City Chapter IAAP. A member of the Quad City Women’s Connection and The PR Network of the Quad Cities, she has also served on the Black Hawk College Office Technology Education Advisory Council.