Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."George Bernard Shaw
Energetic, articulate, and friendly are words that people use to describe Heidi. She is passionate about helping organizations deliver on their business strategies in competitive and challenging markets. Combining strong, clear communication skills with hands-on experience, Heidi creates high-impact training that is immediately applicable, helping companies create the powerful skills and mindsets needed for their current needs and beyond.
Heidi has excelled in operations, sales, and corporate positions in healthcare, telecom, clean room, SaaS (software as a service), high tech, office equipment, and light industrial manufacturing, both as a leader and individual contributor. Her expertise includes commissioned sales, staff leadership, call centers, operations, and business start-ups. Skilled in producing an immediate effect on a company’s bottom line, Heidi is also experienced in communication, sales, and supervisory and leadership training. Her expertise in language and cultural awareness helps organizations develop all employees for stronger performance and improved retention.
- Reached and influenced employees on the periphery of high-performing cultures with Spanish language fluency.
- Bridged the language gap common in today’s workplaces as an instructor of Occupational English and ESL (English as a Second Language), fostering an awareness of and appreciation for similarities among people.
- Earned and maintains a teacher’s license from the state of Minnesota.
Heidi holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from the University of Illinois-Champaign, and has completed all course work for a master's degree from the University of Texas-Austin.
Professional and Community Activities
- In addition to her private language clients, Heidi is active with Berlitz International, a global leadership training, language, and business communications company, as an adjunct English instructor.
- Worked as a volunteer for the National Park Service for the past 19 years, assigned to a lighthouse on a remote island in Lake Superior.
- Served as a volunteer events coordinator for Children’s Surgery International, specialists in cleft lip and palate reconstructions in underdeveloped nations.