Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.”Abraham Lincoln
Those who work with Ed know both his calm, diligent focus on meeting goals and objectives, and his low-key sense of humor. Ed is able to deliver timely and effective solutions and results, by applying good judgment, urgency, persistence, collaboration, and follow through.
Ed has extensive experience in design and management of employee health and welfare benefit plans, and has held HR leadership positions in major corporations. His strategic, financial, and organizational skills help him deliver cost savings and operational effectiveness, while promoting employee engagement in health and well-being.
- Managed a Request for Proposal for a life and disability consultant, which led to retaining existing carriers, enhancing benefit options, and saving over $1 million in multi-year premium agreements.
- Developed analysis and recommendation to consolidate self-insured medical plan administrators, resulting in $1.5 million in company and employee cost savings.
- Provided benchmark data, analysis, and recommendations to improve health and welfare benefit plans for member organizations.
Ed earned his MBA from the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota. He holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Minnesota-Morris.
Professional and Community Activities
- Board member for Lakeshore Players Theatre in White Bear Lake, MN
- Planning Commission member, City of Vadnais Heights, MN
- Volunteer food sorter at Second Harvest Heartland in St. Paul, MN