The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.”Unknown
Because nationally only 30% of employees are engaged, Bonni is committed to working with companies to increase their employee engagement. She conducts employee surveys and gives much more than a set of numbers. She interacts with Executive Teams, giving a high level report that uncovers the company’s strengths, the places they’re vulnerable, and action steps on how their company can become an even better place to work.
Bonni is well-versed in both management and in research. As the manager in the headquarters of a major corporation, she led several national, award-winning business partnerships. As a department head at a state-wide university, she led the start-up of innovative academic programs and served on seven national research committees addressing issues of strategic planning, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Provided the strategic direction for MRA’s compensation surveys, customer satisfaction surveys, and employee engagement surveys for 15 years.
- Led engagement survey work for the EAA, a national association of employer associations for 15 years.
- Accomplished researcher with published works on many topics, including becoming an employer of choice, customer satisfaction, pay trends, best practices in research, and employee surveys.
Dr. Yordi earned a PhD from The Union Institute of Ohio, a master’s degree from Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois, and a bachelor’s degree from Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma. She was selected to attend Leadership Studies at Harvard University.
Publications and Presentations
- Employee Engagement: The Key to Talent Retention and Productivity (Enterprise Minnesota, 2012)
- Engaging a Multi-generational Workforce: Practical Advice for Government Managers (IBM Center for the Business of Government, 2011)
- “Is the Next Mark Zuckerberg Working for You?” (an interview of Dr. Yordi, published in The CEO Magazine)
Professional and Community Activities
Bonni is co-chair of the National Employee Engagement Committee for the Employer Associations of America.