With MRA’s Building Effective Teams series, your teams will learn the fundamentals of collaboration, communication, and problem-solving together at your location. Offered only as an onsite program in order to fit your teams, these five half-day modules give team members opportunities to learn and practice team skills and techniques as they begin real project work.
Participants: This onsite series is appropriate for a variety of teams, including manufacturing work teams, executive teams, problem-solving teams, and departmental and cross-functional teams.
- Team building
- Giving feedback
- Work relationships
Courses in this series:
Module 1: Building a Foundation for Effective Teams
- Explain synergy and how it relates to teams.
- Describe and clarify team boundaries.
- Create a team mission and team ground rules.
- Identify stages of team development and team member roles.
Module 2: Team Communication
- Identify components of effective communication.
- Describe their own communication style and how to adapt to others’ styles.
- Give constructive feedback statements and “I” messages.
- Discuss elements of trust and identify ways to build trust in teams.
Module 3: Effective Team Meetings
- Plan, conduct, and follow up team meetings.
- Use a variety of tools and techniques for generating ideas and conducting team discussions.
- Identify remedies for common meeting problems.
Module 4: Team Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Follow the steps of a problem-solving model.
- Use the SMART model for setting goals.
- Practice techniques for team decision making.
Module 5: Handling Conflict and Disruptions on the Team
- Describe characteristics of conflict.
- Describe benefits of healthy conflict on a team.
- Describe steps to take when dealing with conflict and disruptive behaviors on the team.