You have this awesome employee who shows up every day ready to take on whatever craziness you have for her. She does it with enthusiasm and a positive attitude, if you could clone her you would. But you can’t. So, how about some creative ways to reward her, even if you don’t have much money in the budget. Check out these options:
- Give her a little extra time off. Let her scoot on a Friday after lunch - there’s nothing like some extra (paid) free time.
- Show up to work with some of her favorite snacks.
- Write her a note telling her how much she’s appreciated.
- Help pay for a hobby or an interest. Does she like the movies? Learning Italian? How about crafting? Music? A thoughtful gift card to help her enjoy her interests will go a long way.
- Offer her to bring her dog to work once in a while.
- Be as flexible as you can with her schedule. She does her best starting at 7AM, but you, not so much... That’s okay, be open to her starting (and ending) her day when it works best for the both of you.
Superstar employees make all the difference. Showing them how much they are appreciated will only make them want to stay employed by you.