Read time: 1 min
MRA recently hosted a free Business Insights event highlighting what it takes for a local business to earn a place on the Milwaukee Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work.
Attendees heard from a diverse panel of experts, including:
- Susan Bach, Chief Human Resources Officer with von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
- Chad Bathke, Partner and COO at VJS Construction
- Joe Fazio, Chairman and CEO at Commerce State Bank
- Monica Kiesig, Director, Human Resources for the Milwaukee Bucks
Here are some shared tips of the trade:
- Make sure your company’s culture is a good fit for all potential employees. Not all people fit in all cultures.
- Improve and regularly update your onboarding process.
- Listen to what your employees say, and act on it.
- Your work environment should be a place employees want to be. What does that look like? Maybe free snacks, an onsite workout room, or a company-wide monthly free chair massage?
- Send out (and take seriously) internal surveys to see what other benefits your workforce wants, even if they aren’t mainstream.