The ghosting phenomenon started in the online dating world - it's when someone ends a relationship suddenly by simply cutting off all communication.
But… ghosting is also happening at work.
Sure signs of ghosting:
- An applicant schedules an interview but doesn’t show up.
- Someone accepts a job, the start date comes and goes, and they are nowhere to be found.
- A person decides they are done at their current company, so they head out for lunch and don’t come back.
Here are a few tips to get job applicants to show up—and keep them coming back:
- Connect with candidates. Find something specific on their resume to relate to.
- Be memorable. Tell them why your company is better than the others. Know what your candidate is looking for and promote those perks.
- Maintain a sense of urgency during your hiring process. Interview and give feedback within 48 hours or less.
- Keep the candidate engaged. Give them updates during the process.